Gaming, Hours on Record
So I just looked at my own Steam profile and looked at the top 25 games I and the amount of hours I spent on them. Shocked, as per usual. Here’s the list, ranked from most to least hours spent on it:
- Borderlands 2 – 425 hrs
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – 330 hrs
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – 174 hrs
- Mass Effect 2 – 111 hrs
- Watch_Dogs – 109 hrs
- Mass Effect – 92 hrs
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut – 140 hrs
- Hitman: Absolution – 59 hrs
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days – 54 hrs
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown – 54 hrs
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – 50 hrs
- Borderlands – 43 hrs
- Shadowrun Returns – 34 hrs
- Alan Wake – 17.8 hrs
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – The Missing Link – 14.0 hrs
- Max Payne 3 – 12.6 hrs
- Gabriel Knight – Sins of the Fathers – 11.9 hrs
- Hitman: Sniper Challenge – 10.0 hrs
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut – 5.7 hrs
- Tales from the Borderlands – 5.5 hrs
- Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – 5.2 hrs
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth – 4.7 hrs
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent – 3.9 hrs
- Remember Me – 3.1 hrs
- SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics – 2.4 hrs
What’s important to note is that this doesn’t include the games that I own on Origin, which are few, only Dragon Age: Inquisition and Mass Effect 3, but both games that I’ve spent quite a bit of time on. Probably about 80 hours each. There’s also a few games that I have in my Steam library that I bought after having played a pirated version. Like Kane & Lynch, the first three Hitman games and the first two Fallout games. I’ve also bought some things on Steam that I had bought physically, like the first two Deus Ex games, System Shock 2 and Fallout 3.
Oh, the total time logged played games on Steam: 1724,2. 72 days.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Short Film
This is epic as fuck! I don’t like the casting for Adam Jensen, but Yelena Fedorova is very well-cast. I like how Jensen’s retractable swords are hardly ever visible except for in the slow-motion section. Perfect. There are so many little hidden gems in this. “Damnit, I’m seeing yellow again. No, I never asked for this.” Or that Jensen evolves in his unconscious state and shows signs of what I think is the writer’s interpretation of nano-technology, indicating that he’s the link to the Denton brothers. I think Megan Reed had the right face, but a far too pornographic body, so I’m divided on her casting. All in all, fucking amazing.
Square root of 912.04 equals 30.2, it all seemed harmless.
I recently finished Mass Effect 2, which is one of the best games I’ve ever played, with some great writing, good voice acting, enormous depth and a great story. I found the Overlord DLC ending to be one of the best bits of gaming I’ve ever came across. I try to play through the game choosing the Paragon options as much as possible, and the paragon ending is bone-chilling. Just thinking about it gives me goose bumps.
Quiet, please make it stop.
Square root of 912.04 equals 30.2… it all seemed harmless.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
I have said it before, and I’ll say it again; Deus Ex: Human Revolution looks absolutely fantastic and it may very well trump Deus Ex. The potential immersion is phenomenal and I really can’t wait to play it. I’ve been clinging to the Eidos twitter feed like a crack addict waiting for more footage and yesterday they released this. :)